Sick Again
I vow to myself never to be adventurous and attempt at overnight DOTA at a lan shop. Consequences are sore throat, runny nose, fever...etc. Sigh, it was pretty miserable taking NR5 home after that, I had to endure sheer uncomfortableness of runny nose, a rough throat and headache...
Anyway, before the lan incident, I chaired a purposeful alumni band meeting. Slated to end at 7.30pm, it ended earlier at 6.45pm (due to some "ineffective" conversation going on). I got the things required done as a band, very glad, however I had some reservations about certain things.
I recalled the younger days when I'm all out to "prestigize" and "enrich" myself by trying to play in a couple of bands. On the list were Philharmonic Youth, Mus'Art Wind Ensemble, Trombone Choir...etc, on top of my compulsory school-based band and my alumni band. Well, I can't cope. Things were going great in the beginning when practices don't clash, however it got really ugly when concerts crop up and I can't split myself into two! Not forgetting, my MAIN priority of that age is studying. So I extricated myself from the misc. bands and here I am.
Why am I saying all this? I found out that some of the alumni juniors are doing what I did, thinking that the situation now is under control. Just worried......
When I reach a certain age, I realized the meaning of playing in a band has changed so much. It is never the same as that of the yesteryear. In the past, the motivation was the same as any hot-blooded young bandmembers now....sigh, Ren2 Lao3 Le (old already...) It seems like the past, all my thoughts are so shallow and boring. Trying so hard to play better than others, to be famous, to be with friends. Its the same every year...so boring!
Things are picking up again, thanks to motivated alumni members, and we WILL have a concert anytime end of the year or beginning of next year. Cheers!
Tuesday, May 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment