Wednesday, August 30, 2006

All in 1 posting

this will be my...

ORD cum Birthday Entry

Long time no see...I'm referring to my blog and myself. Pretty busy lately due to band and studies commitments and also the unavailability of internet.

Finally settled down with a internet connection for my lappy at home so that I can be online more frequently...yes!

22 August was my ORD but I was having a full day in school so I made arrangements with my buddy to go back the following day instead. Usually, most guys ORD with a bunch of friends going to the same unit to finish off their "rites". But for me as my vocation is rather "special", I had Bingshun with me to ORD.

I knew him since the day we stepped into Tekong and have our heads shaved...all the way to ORD. We were together in Pegasus (same platoon), same Supply Supervisor course, same unit ( I'm in C, he's in A). So we have to help each other for a very long 2 and a half years. He's my workmate, table tennis mate, complain mate, lunch and canteen breaks mate...not gay ok...just alot of opportunity to hang around each other.

I ran into some trouble signing my clearance due to the absence of a female warrant, a well-disliked one at that, and almost could not get my pink IC on the 23rd because of her. Luckily a senior officer interceded, thanks but no thanks cause you were really rude and unconvincingly sad. It doesn't matter now since I'm officially ORDied! La la la!

There were moments of silence between us when we were walking to camp, poignant ones. The same stupid path taken whenever I book in, the same drap architecture, dogs, smells...it will be the final chance for me to experience them once more. Not sad or elated about leaving, just feel like whatever happened for the past 2 years will be a memory. I seriously don't mind coming back again to relive a day in camp...a day...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Birthday....when was the last time since I celebrated it at a large-scale?

All of us know the importance of having to celebrate your own 21st birthday, you're an adult!!! But on mine, it doesn't feel like it. My life won't change if I don't celebrate, it seems to me to be a declaration of my age, that particular age, to the whole world.

It was rather fun though, having various groups of friends hanging around my house at the same time. And yes, the presents. Thank you all so much for the presents!!!

I would like to thank my family for going all out to do the preparations for me, the buffet, the spring cleaning and the calling of my extended family. And also dada for helping me to be my personal assistant to help me run around between groups of my friends to entertain them! Thanks!

No comments: