Saturday, November 25, 2006

Outside my room window...

When God bequeathed landscapes like these shown below is presented outside my room window, it will be a crime not to capture them! So I try my best using limited resources to take them. For the uninitiated, I'm using my trusty Sony DSC-W5 (currently obsolete by current standards = not sold anymore) to take them. No photoshop adjustments, I only used in-camera functions.


Using the program mode to take, supposedly the most natural shot as dictated by the camera's processor. Late evening, so there is still some light for shorter shutter speeds.

1/6 s , f 3.2 , ISO 200

.

.

Taken using Manual mode, used ISO 100 to force the camera to take at longest possible shutter speed. However, this picture is a overexposed, lights too bright. I was trying to get the "saturated colour" effect similar to that taken by professionals of night urban landscape.

5 s , f 5.6

.

.

Love the colours of this picture, I put the saturation to +1 for a more pronounced effect. Able to see the contrast and the 3D effect. This is an evening photo...I've seen better sunset. Too bad camera not with me!

1/400 s , f8.0 , ISO 100

.

.

Taken in the morning once I woke up. The grandiousness of the large chunk of cumulonimbus clouds grabbed me! Can't seem to capture the radiance of the white clouds on my camera...SLR maybe better...!

1/400 s , f8.0 , ISO 100


.

.

Just to illustrate the limitations of a digital camera (maybe more for point and shoot cameras). You get a nice exposure for the clouds (brighter) but sacrifice the darker areas (land), something our naked eye can't see (eyes are perfect). Need to use the auto-bracketing function on higher end cameras ... and on DSLRs. Wonder if the future holds the technology to harness the accuracy of our retina for photography...maybe can apply my course of study into this area and revolutionize photography!!!

1/320 s , f5.6 , ISO 100

.

.

No comments: