Friday, February 24, 2006
For NTUSB!!!
Time really flies and it's already my 2nd year in NTUSB since Aug'04... People always wonder the reason to my presence in that band when I'm not even studying there YET. So for those who still do not know, I'm a GUEST player, introduced by Joanne when she joined in her 1st Year.
I dare say that I'm the longest playing guest trombonist so far in NTUSB (to my knowledge) and maybe the longest playing trombonist IF I continue there till I graduate 4 years later!
Only last band practice did Gen announce to me that I'll be the interim SL till next semester... Cause no one else is free or available. I sort of expected it actually, but I never thought it will be so soon...
Band life for me has always been ups and downs, times when you think you're so good and improving so much and of course the band is in top shape, and also times when the notes are just stuck and the band simply falls apart during practices! Funny thing is despite all the downs, the only reason I'm not going for band is only because I'm sick or busy, hardly a reason such as "sick of playing/band". Its like there is a stubborn me wanting to go on forever!
I really want to thank all my previous SLs, Section Mates, the Band, David Wong, Lao Shi and of course Joanne for giving me such an opportunity to play in NTUSB. And also to those who irked me in band, for making band life more interesting...as usual.
It is through NTUSB that I had a chance to experience tutorship with a fantastic tutor, Mr.David Wong. He taught me well my basics and we yakked long hours over music and some other 'cheem' issues of life! I feel bad cause there are times when I'm lazy to attend his lessons or did not practice on my own much, despite lots of encouragement from Weiji... Most of the time, he was my motivation to make me want to improve and he helped me ALOT!
In fact, for the simple reason that my section still exists, I will still continue to play for NTUSB. People like You Wei, Alex, Gen, and Weiji perks me up when they nag at my playing, teach me, got lost with me, chat and do lots of nonsensical stuff. For those that I played with in WMC, it was the best thing I've ever done with you guys in my band life! It was a great honour playing with you all for WMC 2005!!! As long as the 3 muskeeters (YouWei n Weiji n Me, all still guest players!!!) still playing, I'll continue to play too.
For now, I've to try to carry out the "burden" of SL and hope that ppl around can help me! I look forward to the next practice...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment