There was a rather short period of time when there was this short fused craze to look for job to "kill" time...that some time was the period when I was about to be enlisted and there was a 5 month period for me to "kill".
I had a stable temp job (...wat an oxymoron...) but it didn't last till to mounting stress, then came the search for another job despite only 2 months plus left. So me and my da asked friends around for available contacts and finally our 3rd musketeer from the original 'stable temp job', Audrey, introduced us to a Sales job...
It was located somewhere near outram park at some shop house. The "HQ" was just an unit in the refurbished shop house and we...entered. The job is actually one in which you're given stacks of coupon (advertising coupons that includes simple discounts etc...) and you're supposed to sell them to the public. So, in fact the company does advertising for a particular company by using their manpower to hawker its coupons.
We had to register first and then we were roped in to a room where motivational talks and cheers were carried out first before giving out the coupons and dispatching us to our various location around Singapore....this is where the nightmare starts...
Because its a sales job, you HAVE to approach ppl, all sorts of ppl. Of course we tried to target certain groups like the youngsters. Firstly, it was damn hard to sell...ppl ignoring you, shove you aside, pretend to listen, took very long to persuade but didn't relent, and so much more. I've first handedly seen the good and bad side of the public.
I was quite disturbed by the fact that many of the employees are very young, some 15 years old, heard that they are not schooling...anymore...why? Yes, the company is youth orientated, but isn't it a little to overboard in acquiring youth that are not studying anymore? Won't they encourage their employee to study and work partime?
However, I found out something very important.
That working is hard.
And I'm not suitable for sales job.....
So.
Better study hard for my upcoming U
Friday, February 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment