Thursday, February 23, 2006

My Army Revelation

The date today is 23rd Feb 2006, its short of 6 months to my ORD. Yep...I've been serving for exactly 1 yr 10 months. For those new intake who have passed IPPT, they would have already ORDied today. So for suckers like me belonging to the older batch, we have 6 more months.

What have I been doing this past 1 yr 10 months? Serving the Nation? Or?

I've been very lucky compared to most of my friends cause when I finished my course as a CQMS, I was posted into a lull battery...and it is still lull for your info (until 2007). So seemingly to others, I was the most "slack" CQMS. Say what you like but Charlie battery was the target for many "arrowing" and being the only Specialist, I had much to do. It's like half of my work is something else, not store related. However I learnt alot of other things too...stupid things like: learn how to decorate an office, wash toilet (in the most time efficient method...), run errands (if bringing a piece of paper from one office to another is counted...). And also meaningful things like writing a column, planning schedules, etc etc...

From now till end March, my unit is away to India for exercise, leaving some siao mao, siao gou (small cats/dogs = small fries) around. So every other day is the same, nothing interesting happens and I just have to find something to do to while away the time. After I would left 5 more months, of which 1.5 of it will be off and leave, leaving me effectively 3.5 more months to endure to FREEDOM!!!

So ultimately I'm very grateful for the insignificant one at MINDEF doing my posting, for giving me a "good life"!

By the way, how would it be if you were on the MRT looking down when you see your girlfriend talking on the handphone...to you?

No comments: